The Mayne Island Conservancy Society is running the 4th annual amateur Nature Photo Contest for Mayne Island residents and visitors. If you have a camera, like exploring Mayne Island, and want to share your enthusiasm for the natural world, this is the event for you!
Categories for the contest are:
- Native plant(s)
- Native animal(s)
- Fall & winter
- Ocean/beach scene
- Young photographer (nature photo taken by anyone 16 or under)
To enter, check out the contest rules, send us photos taken between September 1st, 2016-August 23rd, 2017 on Mayne Island, tell us the category into which you are entering it, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to August 23rd, 2017. If your photo is chosen as a winner by our judges, Allison Taylor, Heather Dow, and Rob Underhill, it will be published in our 2018 calendar and you will receive a free calendar as a prize.
Rules are listed here, and on our Facebook page; posters are also displayed on the island in all the usual spots. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com , phone (250) 539-5168, or visit our office at 478 Village Bay Rd.
2017 Nature Photo Contest Rules
- All photo submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23rd, 2017.
- Only digital photographs can be accepted. Because photos may be included in our printed calendar, please send us the highest resolution photo possible (if sending from iPhone, please choose the 'actual size' option). If the photo is not high resolution, we regret we will not be able to accept it.
- All submissions must be taken on Mayne Island and include entrant?s name, contact information, and category into which the photo is being submitted.
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant between September 1st, 2016 and August 23rd, 2017.
- We understand that it is not always clear as to whether a plant or animal is considered native. If you are unsure we are happy to help.
- If any people are in the photograph, you must receive permission from them to enter your photo. If chosen as a winner, it will be published in our calendar and those pictured in the photo must be okay with this (parental permission must be given for anyone in the photograph who is 18 and under).
- Only one photograph per person may be submitted into each category
- The same photograph may not be entered into multiple categories
- For the 'young photographer' category, youth are classified as 16 and under. They may enter photos into any category they wish and are not restricted to the young photographer category.
- All decisions are final